8.18.2010

One GF road trip down, hopefully many more to come.

So, our road trip went wonderfully. The food was amazing! I didn't get painfully puffy like I normally do (I often have to ice my feet/ankles when I arrive at the end of our trips because they swell so much and hurt). I'm not sure if it was the lack of gluten or less sodium (than fast food) or the combination...but I don't care, it was great! We also shaved lot's off time off our drive since we weren't stopping for food at mealtimes.

I've been on vacation now for two days and have stayed gluten free. We went to our favorite pizza place here in MT for our first dinner in town (I know a typical GF nightmare) but I took my frozen gluten free crust and they were awesome to cook me up a spectacular pizza on my gf crust. I like the Kinnikinnick frozen crusts. (I am excited about trying the Udi's gf pizza crusts too though, I'll let you know how I like them once I try them)

Whohoo! Gotta love accommodating and understanding restaurants. They didn't have Redbridge gf beer so I drank a diet coke and had a gf beer when I got home.

There you have it. My first road trip without gluten was a success, which means, you can do it too.

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to hear some of your recommendations for gluten free beers -- I have a dear friend who is gluten free, and when she and her husband come over for dinner, I tend to just stick with wine because my knowledge of tasty gluten free beers is limited (i.e. non-existent). What are some of your favorites?

    ReplyDelete