9.02.2010

My day of bread, GF bread of course!


(sorry for the blurry picture, I was so happy with my grilled cheese I had to take a picture and all I had was my phone ... not the most high tech visually awesome device to take specialty photographs with) 

I wasn't feeling all that great today. I'm fighting off a cold that my husband has and is trying to give to me. What do I want to eat when I'm not feeling that good? Bread. So, for breakfast I had buttered toast, lunch was peanut butter & jelly and dinner was grilled cheese! Mmmmm! Not a typical GF day but it hit the spot for sure.

So, here's my adapted sandwich bread recipe which in a former life was an english muffin recipe from www.Iamglutenfree.blogspot.com which was adapted from www.glutenfreesoxfan.wordpress.com.


3rd Time's the Charm Sandwich Bread:

1/2 cup sorghum flour
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup white rice flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1/2 cup potato starch (not potato flour)
2 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
2 scant tbsp quick rise yeast (I used two whole packets)
2 tsp canola oil
1 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp warm water
(2-4 tbsp honey or agave is optional if you like slightly sweet bread)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray loaf pan with nonstick spray.

Mix dry ingredients in bowl of mixer.

Add oil and water and mix until just blended, scraping down the sides to make sure you incorporate all of the dough. Then beat on high for another two minutes.

Scoop dough into greased loaf pan. I then spray a little non-stick spray on top of the dough and use a spoon to smooth it into the pan. Cover and let rise in warm place for 30 minutes.

Bake for 30-45 minutes.

IMPORTANT: Let cool before slicing and eating (delicious untoasted or toasted).




And no, 3rd Time's the Charm does not refer to having to make it three times to get it right, it's more about it being adapted at least 3 times!

No comments:

Post a Comment