9.18.2010

In all honesty...

It's hit me. Each time I've gone gf, I have hit a wall. The "I'm tired of trying to eat this way and just want to order a pizza" wall. The first time I went gf it took 2 weeks, the second time, 1 month. The third time, I can't recall how long it was. This time I've been gf for 2 months and I'm tired of it. 

I know, I know... it's relatively easy compared to other dietary restrictions, like being vegetarian, vegan, diabetic, etc. In comparison, gf is easy. In reality after living almost 30 years without a dietary restriction of any variety, it's an inconvenience that easily annoys me.

Really, it's the convenience or lack there of that is most annoying. I dislike being limited to which restaurants I can easily eat out at, almost no fast food options, nothing I can order in. Sorry, just needed to vent. 

The pros far outweigh the cons and I just need to gut it out and learn how to live with these changes. Two months isn't enough time to "learn to live" with anything. I will continue on my gf journey and hope that in time things will become easier and or normal. Hoping and praying that other's out there are finding the strength to stick with what they know is right for their bodies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment