10.04.2010

60/40

So, in the past I've tried gluten free baking with marginal success. I was not a recipe follower in my pre-gluten life but have followed gf baking recipes to the T and still only had marginal success. Pretty sure it was Gluten Free Girl that explained (and my Mom that told me about it ... Thanks Mom!) that to make a gluten free flour of the same consistency, that works in the same way as white wheat flour, you have to use a 60/40 ratio. 60% starches (potato, tapioca, corn etc.) and 40% whole grains (oat flour, almond flour, sorghum flour, etc.). Since using this method I have been able to fly by the seat of my pants on any baking that I want to do. It's WONDERFUL! I just made a batch of GF peanut butter, oatmeal, cinnamon chip cookies! Mmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment