10.01.2010

Cider slushy and cinnamon sugar donuts

There's a cider mill that is my favorite fall treat. I grew up going to get cider slushies and cinnamon sugar donuts there every fall. The donuts are my favorite of all time! So, I decided to make my own this fall and get my slushy and enjoy my gluten free day at the cider mill.

I used the donut recipe that the gluten free girl posted recently on her blog. It's my first real attempt at making gf donuts. They were delicious. Were they quite as melt in your mouth inside, slightly crunchy outside as the cider mill donuts ... no. But did I feel satisfied and happy that I'd had my fall treat ... YES! And, knowing that I won't have a nasty achy week or psoriasis flare up, made them taste even better than the originals.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! This post made me want donuts! I've always been a little intimidated by things that need to be fried (I don't know why exactly. Something about the whole scalding hot, splash-y factor makes me a little skittish) but this post and the fall weather might just give me the push I need to give it a try. Also, cider slushies sound like maybe the best thing ever.

    ReplyDelete